Get Information on Sicktime
Earned Sick Leave for Personal Care Attendants (PCA) went into effect on July 1, 2015, giving PCAs the right to earn and take sick leave from work.
Things to know:
- PCAs earn 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours they work.
- PCAs can earn and use up to 40 hours per year if they work enough hours
- PCAs with unused earned sick time at the end of the year can rollover up to 40 hours
- PCAS begin earning sick time on their first day of work and may begin using earned sick time 90 days after starting work.
- Paid sick time must be paid on the same schedule and at the same rate as regular wages
To submit sick hours you must fill out the PCA Sick Time Sheet drop off, mail, or fax to 1.800.359.2884.
You can check your accrued hours by clicking the following link which leaves our site and goes to a secure portal that tracks your accrued Sick time across all consumers and FIs you work for: Click Here to Access PCA Sick Time Portal.